Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Farenheit 451 #2

Are there any current situations in the world that relate to the novel?What are they, and how do they relate?Does the novel shed any light on how current situations could be resolved or fixed?

As I said on Question Number One, people in the society in this book are basically what we might or will become one day. People think less than the past because there are so much things to do around us. For instance, my mom always gives me books as gifts for me to read, even if there aren’t any special occasions or events. However, I, most of the time, have no time to read so out of five books she has given me past several months, I had barely read one or two. This shows that I am very busy and occupied with things in my life, but it also shows that I am lazy, dishonest, and negligent. The reason is because I am basically saying that I have no hope to read, learn, and think about the world, relationships, myself, and my life. Instead, I talk on the phone, watch TV, or do many other things that I enjoy more and that are easy to do, which means that those things can be done without thinking and feeling what’s deep inside of me. Then I regret quiet often, not just because of the books, but because of my attitudes and my concepts that had changed through my teenage life. This novel taught me a lot of lessons. It made me think back of my past and realize that I have been smudged with what the world and the people around me wanted and pursued from me, and that I soon will become just like the people in Montag’s society as well. Finally Fahrenheit 451 also encouraged me by telling me that I can solve my problem by changing my acts and thinking. If all of us teenagers try to be more free from what the world wants from us instead of being slaves of the world, we will be able to prevent from being alike the people in Montag’s society because we would know that being happy and comfortable is not just everything in our lives.

No comments: