Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Farenheit 451#5

What is the mood of this novel?Do you find this novel saddens you in any way?Why?

The mood of this novel is very dark and somewhat tragic. When I was reading the beginning of this book, I was so confused and could not accept the idea of this kind of world. As I read more and more, I started to get used to the book’s society and instead of being shocked and terrified, I began to get serious. I was worried that my future will be like this when I have my kids and my grand children. To be honest, I didn’t want this to happen ever in my life and even in my children’s lives. I imagined what it would be like to be living in a world where I have to go to school, do nothing, come back home, watch TV, and feel basically numb through my daily life. Sometimes at school, I feel like I don’t want to study and think too hard, but after reading this book, I realized how thankful and wonderful it is to think and study. It is because all the things we do in our lives are not just thinking and studying. We manage our time wisely and enjoy our free time by watching a funny TV program or chatting with our friends. I felt sorry for the people in the book’s society from my heart and told myself that I should be thankful of the environment and the opportunities I have right now. Also, I reminded myself that I should think about my life and future more seriously because sometimes I tend to feel that it’s bad and stressing to learn new things, apply in real life, and have different opinions and conflicts. This kind of thinking was very selfish and childish because if everyone feels and thinks the same way and does not learn any new materials, the world will be so boring and dull.

No comments: